RSS

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Has Someone Seen My Sleeping Dust?

I'm getting eight hour each night. Granted it's rarely an uninterrupted or uneventful night sleep anymore but lord someone buy me a coffin and kidnap Tinkerbell, I'm tired! Whatever happened to the nights I used to sleep like the dead?

The stress in the house over jobs, vacation, the kid, moving, every little thing and on top of it I've had four new clients go live on our interface in two weeks, one more tomorrow and possibly one next week. Then come to find out a client had "concerns" with me and my management staff and the account exec have known for some time and no one has bothered to tell me. The account exec has just started sitting quietly on all my calls with this client like vampire bat hanging from the ceiling ready to strike.
Boy when I found out she was playing me like that, I laid into her like a steamroller baby. She's the kind that will be sweet and happy with you but be slinging dirt behind your back waiting to bury you.
See 80% of my company actually, myself included, work from home remotely. We have employees all of the country and one even in Peru. So it's not a typical office where you can watch people or listen for conversation at the water cooler. If someone is laying wire waiting to trip you up, you never see it until your flat on your face.
Luckily the majority of the people in this company are really wonderful and we all work super great as a team. In fact I'd say the majority of the grief and mud slinging comes from the three accoun executives. They're nothing more really than overpaid, glorified client babysitters and kiss-asses. Their job it to keep up with the clients needs and make sure their happy with our product but because they are pretty clueless to how most of that clients needs get met, they promise them the world. Then who do they get upset at when things are done.. yep the worker bees keeping the fricken hive running.
Anyway, she didn't even have the nerve to repond to me today. She most likely forwarded it to head management and honeslty I hope she did. I already talked to my supervisor about it this morning and told him I didn't appreciate being left out of the loop and left to look like a fool. Furthermore it's not just coming from me but all three of the coding analysts so you know what I say about getting management involved?

BRING IT ON!

So I'm tired. I know I should exercise to stimulate my endorphins and seratonin but I hate working out and there's just too much fricken work to get done. Then someone must have been pumping Brandon full of Jump-Juice over night because he was bouncing all over the place like a ping pong ball or someone jacked up on massive amounts of speed. I mean LITERALLLY jumping everywhere all day. Hopefully he'll come back down to Earth by tomorrow.

So I'm off to bed to try and sleep. If anyone has seen the sleeping fairy please tell her I could use a shake or two.

Nite Nite!

No comments: